Flagrant disregard

cmiked. Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Photo Blogging Challenge (May 2016): Outside the box

I decided early on that my take on the Photo Challenge theme of 'Outside the Box' was going to be very much in a box. You'll see what I mean. It also meant that I had to come up with more pictures in order to make it work. I'm pleased with the outcome. So, here we go:

May saw quite a bit of travel. The craziest trip was a one day 13 hour marathon that took me to Ft. Lauderdale and back for a short but necessary meeting.
Untitled

My youngest celebrated his last year with a great group of kids. Their school only goes through 8th grade and the team is going different directions. Some of them have been together since Pre-K. I chaperoned their field trip down to Galveston. I'll miss seeing them all together. They really are a special group.
Untitled

We visited Moody Gardens, it consists of three pyramids, one is and Aquarium, we visited the Rainforest and saw a few animals. The seagull is just a Galveston tradition.
Untitled

Will also celebrated his 14th birthday with a trip to the bowling alley.
Untitled

Finally, I said goodbye to the old Suburban. We rolled all 'ones' on our trip to Galveston. She had been having computer issues and electrical problems. As I was pulling into the dealership to pick up the new car, Ol' Black Betty said goodbye. It might have freaked me out just a bit.
Untitled
It's hard to teach an old dog new tricks so we stuck with black for the new ride. My oldest starts driving this summer and I don't need the extra seats anymore.
My new ride. #parkedinwaco #parkedinmygarage #latergram

There you have it. May's submission for the a 'lil hoohaa Photo Blogging challenge. You can check out the other participants there. Or go to my flickr stream to see what else I've been up to.

5 comments:

Tamara said...

Oh, your kids are leaving the box, how nice that they get to celebrate their milestones in such cool ways!
Love your nature pictures, especially the red birds! So pretty!

Clare B said...

I like your shots and I love the unusual animals and insect.

Katherine said...

The school one really hit home. My daughter is graduating Sunday from middle school. There has been a Murray in that school for about 18 years. She is the last... and has been there since pre-k. There are only about 6 other kids who can say they have been there FOREVER. It is very special!

Unknown said...

Definitely in the box, each box unique in terms of layout and number of pics. Nice take. And great photos of some very special milestones.

P.J. said...

Talk about going outside and inside the box with so many photos! :D Well done this month!