Flagrant disregard

cmiked. Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Sunday, May 01, 2016

Photo Blogging Challenge (April 2016): Vibrant

Oh goodness, I'm late again, I don't know why I can't get this together earlier. VIBRANT! That was our theme in this month's photo blogging challenge. Here we go!

April kicked off our monthly free concert series. We had a couple of vibrant performers. First up, the legendary Lee Fields, nicknamed Little JB due to his similarities to James Brown.
BrazosNights2016_3574

The headliner was a group out of Austin called Brown Sabbath. They perform Black Sabbath songs with a Latin Fusion twist. They were fantastic! The lead singer really captured Ozzy and the horn sections added a dimension you wouldn't expect. 
BrazosNights2016_3841

Jackie has worked for my family's business for 40 years this month. She is always vibrant!
April2016_5469

We've had weird weather this spring. It's been wetter than normal. But we've gotten some nice, cool days for walks.
Waco Suspension Bridge

More weather, we've also had a lot of storms. They have caused a lot of damage and flooding. But have made for some beautiful sunsets.
April2016_5680

Whew! Is that five? I better get this sucker posted and start taking photos for next month. Go check out a lil hoohaa for the others.  As always, all my stuff is on flickr...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job with the concert photos. I always struggle in that type of environment...it's one of the few times my MFT camera body tends to let me down. The sensor's just not big enough.

Sorry you've had so much bad weather. We had such bad flooding here in 2013 that it's made all Calgarians, including me, very sympathetic to any other city facing similar challenges. Hope it dries up soon.

P.J. said...

As always, you have such a good mix of things. THe sunset photo is really nice. The concert photos are well done. I always like taking photos like that when I have the chance.