Flagrant disregard

cmiked. Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Monday, February 01, 2016

Photo Blogging Challenge (January 2016): Inside

January's come and gone. Way too fast already. Our theme for January was INSIDE, but the weather in Texas was just too nice to spend a lot of time indoors. It was sunny and mid-70s F this weekend. I spent all day Saturday and Sunday on my bike. But, I was able to grab a few photo's while inside. I had an idea early on that didn't work out so I dropped it and have what I have. Let's get started.

There were a few chilly nights early on. Rainy and cold don't make a good mix but we made the best of it. My wife thought the boys needed to see Nine to Five. It's still funny! 
Saturday night like...

Basketball season is winding down but the boys are having a great season. They just suffered their first loss and it was a nail-biter making it even more difficult. This is from when they were on the other end of snatching victory from defeat.
Jan2016_4292

Spent a little time out at the airport. My oldest got him a project Jeep and we had it stored in this hangar while waiting to get it over for paint.
Jan2016_8_of_12

The troop took a trip down to the Texas coast this month for our "camp out" and visited the USS Lexington aircraft carrier on their Live Aboard program. Here's a group of Life scouts planning their Eagle projects. The Live Aboard program is a great program giving the boys the opportunity to sleep on the ship and explore after the crowd had gotten off.
GoliadSP_LadyLex2016_4427

One of these night I realized I had taken a photo for my Project 366 so I decided a study in nicknacks was needed. Plus, it's always fun to pull out the "nifty fifty"!
January2016_2476



There you have my selection for the month. Take a look at all of my photo's for the month, even the outside ones, over on flickr. Visit a lil hoohaa and take a look at the others. I'm about to do that myself. Until next month...

6 comments:

Getting Fit in MA said...

Wonderful job!

My husband & brother-in-law are both Eagle Scouts.
Good luck to your scouts on their projects.

Sean said...

Nice photos. I remember being a boy scout back in the day. And you're photo of the airport hanger reminds me of a rap video and I can just see guys throwing 100 dollar bills around.

Paul Myers said...

What a great experience for the boys to be aboard ship like that. My uncle was a retired rear admiral in the navy and he was able to get us on the U.S.S. New Jersey just before it set sail for Vietnam back in the 60s. Heady time for an impressionable youngster like myself.

Clare B said...

I love all your shots for the theme inside.

Although I don't know much about basketball, your shot is such a perfect capture of the sport in action. The composition of all the players spread out over the pitch is perfection and they are all concentrating on that ball. You must have been patiently waiting for that shot. Well done.

The first image with the fire and tv looks good too, you have caught a cosey atmosphere and I can almost feel what it would be like to sit and watch tv in your home.

P.J. said...

Is that both of your boys in the boy scout photo? Are they both going for their Eagle Scout?

Good set of photos. Though now I have 9-to-5 playing in my head.

NCSue said...

I just found you buy way of the Inside challenge. Nice shots here! I hope you'll come share them at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2016/02/abstractions.html