Flagrant disregard

cmiked. Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Monday, December 01, 2014

Photo Blogging Challenge (November 2014): Where the streets have no name

I just remembered I haven't done this yet so I fired up the computer and see the link up closes in 1 hour and 41 minutes. I'm glad I got up. Where oh where does the time go. This month's theme is Where the streets have no name.  Let's see how I did:


I book-ended my month with a trip to my favorite place. My family bought some land about an hour away from here shortly after I was born. I love spending time here. And when I'm with my boys and my dad, it's even better.
A different kind of Homecoming

My oldest is 14. He loves this Jeep. He has been ready to drive for 13 and half years. He is finally getting behind the wheel and loves it!

gna_2014_5598

This was just a nice quiet spot I was hanging out in watching the sunset.
Thanksgiving_Pearl_2014_7357

And another spot that definitely has no name.
Thanksgiving_Pearl_2014_7404

Thanksgiving_Pearl_2014_7397
John has been giving names to places on the property. And, I'll admit, that over the years I have too. The biggest problem is if no one else knows where you are talking about, the name doesn't help much. We have my Dad's (Poppa's) Stand, Suicide Hill, and Turkey Holler from my generation. John has Bone Lake and the Pig Stand. I've mapped spots using my GPSr in the past. Maybe I should share those with the others one day. Or maybe it's more fun to guess.

Go check out the other entries at a lil hoohaa blog and think about joing in on the fun in December!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Out in the middle of a field is a perfect place for a 14-year-old, new driver!! :-) Your property looks like a wonderful place to spend time. FYI: your fast typing looks like a success!

P.J. said...

Great shots, Mike. I like the feel of the images Especially the one where you are set up for the sunset. Cool shot!