Flagrant disregard

cmiked. Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Photo Blogging Challenge (Dec. 2014): ‘Tis the Season

'Tis the season, indeed! Another year coming to a close. Football season winding down. More family gatherings. December is a fun and busy month. My annual trip to NYC got cancelled and that had me a little bummed until I saw the rain and the protests going on that week. Still, it always kicked off Christmas for me. Other than that, it was a pretty usual December in my world.

This was the end of the first season in the new stadium for my Baylor Bears, they became the Big XII Champs for the second year in a row. While we were left out of the final four due to our out of conference schedule, it's fun to see our scruffy little private school team making headlines.
McLane Stadium

'Tis also the season of parties. My Tulsa office always throws a big shindig. I like that the lady on this one looks like she is dancing like Peanuts characters do in the Charlie Brown Christmas special.
December_2014_8_of_12

December also brought orchestra concerts and piano recitals along with opportunities to force the boys to pose for me.
December_2014_7453

And the decorating and the eating and the gift giving... We host the Christmas Day festivities at my house, family, in-laws, out-laws, steps, cousins, nephews and nieces are all welcome. My mom comes in a day or two early and works her magic on the tables. They always look so nice.
Christmas_2014_7925

Speaking of family, it's always a good opportunity to get a shot of these good looking cousins. We are taking this swing set down this year as it is falling apart; so one last opportunity to ham it up.
Christmas_2014_7942

We were attempting to relive this photo from 2006 when they were much smaller. Will, the pouty fellow in the vest had recently popped his big brother, John, the guy with the shiner, with one of the swings. Cousins, Lili and Evan, look on.
More Goobers
2014 was a great year that has gone by way too fast. I'm loving the monthly photo challenges and can't wait to see what PJ has cooked up for January. Check out his blog if you want to participate or if you want to see what the rest of the folks have share. It's, as always, a 'lil hoohaa. Until next month.

7 comments:

Babs-beetle said...

The table looks really lovely and I like what you did in the last two photos.

Katherine said...

Hold the phone. MARTHA STEWART IS YOUR MOTHER!?!?!??! Because it sure looks like it from that table. FANTASTIC!

I love ALL your photos... but you know what I love the MOST? The recreation of the earlier picture of the kids. That is MAGIC!

Paul Myers said...

Great shot of the recreation.

I think my favorite of yours though is the one of your boy with the booked Christmas tree lights in the background. Well done.

Lisa said...

Looks like you were super busy...and super happy with the season. Love the "then and now" shot.

Unknown said...

Mike, you are so good about creating family photographs. I would like to follow your example in 2015...my flickr collection has far too many landscapes and far too few people!!

The photographs you selected to share with us really shine a spotlight on how important it is to share the season with family and friends. Well done!

P.J. said...

I love the re-creation photo. Very cool stuff.

As always, some great images here, Mike. You always find creative and fun ways to capture the theme. That table looks pretty amazing, too.

Mike Davis said...

Thank you all, for the kind words. I'm sorry for not saying so sooner. My mom is indeed quite the artist. I think the reason I got into photography was that I couldn't draw but had visions to create.