Flagrant disregard

cmiked. Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Monday, June 30, 2014

Photo Blogging Challenge (June 2014): Vehicles

The June theme for PJ's Photo Blogging Challenge was vehicles. I knew it was going to be a challenge because I was spending a good portion of June on a backpacking trip at Philmont Scout Ranch in the mountains of New Mexico. Then sitting down to try to pull out five ended up being the challenge, so I have a couple extra this month. Sue me! Here we go!

On one of our practice hikes, I came across this nice looking Impala. I did a bit of shopping to remove the back of my truck and some wires. I really liked this car.

june2014_

We did actually run across some vehicles at Philmont. These were at Baldy Town. John had seen them on their web page and was looking for them during the trip. I'm glad we found them for him. The boy loves cars!

Philmont2014608B_1000335

Just hanging out at the airport after a trip to Dallas for a retirement party for a couple of coworkers.

june2014_6741

This truck belongs to a local coffee shop, Dichotomy. They bring it and their delicious coffee to our farmer's market every Saturday. It goes great with the crepes! The coffee, not the truck.

june2014_6780

This weekend, we went up the highway a little to West, Texas. You may remember it from the news last year when they had the horrible fertilizer explosion. It's a little more than 20 miles from home; we heard the explosion. Anyway, West is a small community of Czechs with loads of good food. After dinner we were checking out the old M-K-T depot when the train whistle blew. So now I have planes, trains, and automobiles covered.

west_2014_1000539


Bonus Boat Shot: Boats are vehicles, no? My oldest and I went for a little paddle this evening. I shot this as we were packing up. I liked it too much not to include it.

june2014_6799

And final fun time bonus, Saturday morning on the way to the farmer's arket, I spotted a for real DeLorean running in the wild. Get in the car, Marty, no time to explain!

DeLorean in the wild! #twitter

So there you have it, another month and another group of photos. Won't you check out the others of at the a'lilhoohaa blog? You won't be sorry. Why don't you think about participating next month. The theme will be up tomorrow (if you are reading this June 30.) Until next month...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

We'll, if there's a prize for the widest range of vehicles, I think you'll be the winner. Love the first image and the boat, too. Glad you included the bonus shots as they rounded out your set quite nicely.

Lisa said...

You certainly have a variety of vehicles for this one! That second shot made me giggle. I suppose at some point in history, it was a fine car!

nonamedufus said...

That Impala is amazing. And there was something about the train engine shot that drew me in. I don't know what but I really liked it.

P.J. said...

Better hit 85 if that Delorean wants to go anywhere!

As normal, good work on the theme and i like that you had a variety of things. Nicely done!