Flagrant disregard

cmiked. Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Friday, May 30, 2014

Photo Blogging Challenge (May 2014): Fun

Here we go again. I see the reminders that posting day is coming but posting day has come and I'm just getting around to putting something together.

May was indeed a fun month. We had some scout adventures, my kids wrapped up school for the year, the oldest finishing up and moving to a new challenge in high school next year, get-togethers for Memorial Day weekend, and pools opening! So, without further ado, my entry in a lil Hoohaa's Photo Blogging Challenge for May: Fun.

I started off May with a trip to Dana Point, CA. I had fun golfing with my sister and my other sister before our conference started.
May_6053

My Big Bad Bill turned 12 this month so we celebrated with a mess of his friends at the local hibachi. They had a great time watching the chef. Some of them had never been there.
WillIs12_5090145

We had four Eagle projects my scouts were working on in one weekend. All benefiting our chartered church. One of them was this Ga-ga Ball pit. The boys enjoyed their labors after finishing for the day.
FBCH_EagleProj_3686

And speaking of Eagle projects, while out on a Philmont practice hike, we cam across Jacob's Eagle project from last year. He has finished up his last remaining merit badges and will be ready for the Eagle board of review soon.
FtParkerBPandH_5170188

Finally, our 9th Annual Memorial Daze Memorial Day Gathering. A friend puts together a big shindig for film industry folks every year. I'm not in the business any more but worked with most of them over the years. It's the only time of the year I see some of them. It's always a good time; lots of food, drink, and fellowship late into the night.
MemorialDaze2014_


That's it. Fun is easy. I'm fortunate to have a lot of fun in my life so the only challenge here was culling the herd. Please check out the other participants photos by visiting PJ's blog at a 'lil hoohaa. I look forward to next month!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the back story that accompanies each photograph. I'd never heard of the game Ga-ga before. It sounds like something that would be a good fit for our youngest son's school (grades 4 - 9).

Katherine said...

These brought me back to our scout days... LOVE the pictures. I think my favorite FAVORITE on is the restaurant. The boy second from the far right with his mouth open is AWESOME. You captured the perfect moment. All of these are excellent!

Lisa said...

Hibachi dinners are so much fun! And a big congrats to Jacob for his Eagle Scout accomplishments. And congrats to you too! You're very fortunate to have so much fun in your life. Hope that never changes.

Paul Myers said...

Nice set of shots this month. I never could get either of my boys interested in scouting, so the line ended with me.

Next time you're in Southern California, let me know and we could go out and find some local caches somewhere around here.