Flagrant disregard

cmiked. Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Photo Blogging Challenge (April 2014): Smile

It's April already, the grass greening up and the nice temps are enough to make me smile. And, speaking of smile, that was our theme for the Photo Blogging Challenge for April. Let's get started.

Spring brings out the Texas Bluebonnets and our annual taking of the Bluebonnet Photo. The making of is never all smiles but the final product usually is.

Bluebonnets_2014_2302

Buckwheat Zydeko and Robert Randolf opened up our outdoor concert series Brazos Nights. The drummer's smile is what drew me to this shot.

Robert_Randolf_BN2014_2675


Cousins together for Easter brings lots of smiles; add golf carts to the mix and you have even more. Will has on socks because he was wearing a chicken suit. Sadly, I have no photos of that.

Easter_2014_3006

The Scouts visited the National Museum of the Pacific War in Fredericksburg. They have a Living History event that we have been trying to get to for some time. This guy was right out of a war movie. Such a character. The boys had a great time. The museum is fantastic too.

Fredericksburg_ERock_2014_3260

On the way home we stopped by Enchanted Rock State Park for a quick hike and what turned to be a rigorous cave exploration. I tore my pants and lost my wallet in the cave but a couple of my Scouts went back in and thankfully found it pretty quickly. They were all smiles after we made it out of the cave.

Fredericksburg_ERock_2014_4270126

You can see all of my photos from the museum and E Rock by visiting my Flickr set. And, I have a collection of my Bluebonnet pictures throughout the years that I enjoy visiting.I encourage you to visit the a 'lil hoohaa blog to see the rest of this months entries. And why don't you join in next month?

5 comments:

nonamedufus said...

Nice collections of photos. I'm jealous you got to see Buckwheat and Randolph. Bet it was great.

Lisa said...

Looks like a great time was had by all. It would have been super smile-worthy to get the one of the chicken suit! You have a lovely family.

Paul Myers said...

Finding a missing wallet would definitely bring a smile to my face. Nice set of shots.

Katherine said...

These brought back so many great memories of scouts!!! Both my boys were scouts and we had so many great outdoor adventures. I love your smile pictures... they made me smile!

Unknown said...

You are so fortunate that your boys are still receptive to being in your pictures. I know that years from now I'm going to be pretty sad that we have almost no photos of our oldest son from about age 15 to 18. Not sure what I did wrong, but wish it hadn't happened, whatever it was.

Anyhow, to finally get onto the topic of your photos, I am definitely going to go check out your collection of bluebonnet images. I've never seen a field of flowers like that in these parts. I hope you have a couple that include you (maybe with a shutter delay or remote or something), 'cause that would be a great family photo.