Flagrant disregard

cmiked. Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Photo Blogging Challenge (July 2014): Baseball

I'm posting this a bit early this month. I'm about to head to Northern Minnesota to Northern Tier for a week on the Boundary Waters. My text is subject to change and I apologize for the hastiness. But I am literally walking out the door in 3 hours.

This month's theme was Baseball. I had an idea in mind and got to a decent start but I'm afraid I got a little busy. Let's take a look at what I put together.

I called this one Stealing Home. I thought it needed a nice pretentious name.

baseball_6944

 More from a forgotten field.

baseball_6946

I played t-ball here when I was a kid. My kids did too. They lost interest after coach pitch.

baseball_6991

I had the opportunity to work with Nolan Ryan some years ago at his ranch. After a long day of shooting commercials for Dairy Queen, he went into his barn and pulled out a bucket of baseballs and sat with us and signed one for each of the crew. 

baseball_7088

 
This is a small shrine to baseball in my office. The ball was signed by the 2005 Baylor team that is in the photo behind it. That was their last trip to the College World Series. Hopefully they will be back soon.
 

baseball_7090

5 comments:

nonamedufus said...

Nice pics. That Nolan Ryan ball is a real keepsake. Nice.

Katherine said...

VERY well done! I especially enjoyed the stories with each shot. The abandoned pictures... my very favorite. I LOVE photos that show old and decayed items and areas!

Lisa said...

Nice shrine to baseball! Those are fantastic keepsake memorabilia. I like the forgotten field shot too…very creative take.

Unknown said...

Long grass, dead grass, slowly rotting bases...all part of the story about how few kids (and adults, for that matter) play pick-up games these days. A telling commentary on the 21st C. appeal of video games vs. real games.

P.J. said...

I really love the old base. Seeing things like that can really make me remember playing as a kid.