Flagrant disregard

cmiked. Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Monday, July 02, 2018

Photo Blogging Challenge – Fun (June 2018)

The hardest part of this month's challenge was choosing just five photos. We spent about a week in the Boundary Waters between Ely, Minnesota and Canada. Five days total and about 50 miles paddling/portaging out on the water before returning to base camp. We had a blast and enjoyed the cooler temperatures.

Headed out for our adventure. There were five scouts, two adults, and our guide in three canoes.
NorthernTier2018_6210010

These two goofballs found these Frozen-themed sunglasses in the park in town before we left. They got plenty of goofy looks.
NorthernTier2018_6220055

A little late evening fishing.. John was skunked on fishing when we were last here, this year he caught a nice rainbow, a small-mouth bass, and a something little bitty.
NorthernTier2018_6220066

Eddy Falls - we passed this way in 2014. It was fun to see again.
NorthernTier2018_6230124

Even in the wind and rain of a surprise storm they find a way to smile.
NorthernTier2018_6230155

We had a great trip. It was more than likely my last with the Boy Scouts. John starts college this fall, William has a lot of other interests, I have resigned my position as Scoutmaster, it's time for some other folks to step up and enjoy these experiences. I wouldn't trade them for anything, especially these last few years getting to enjoy both of my boys. Take a look at my entire Northern Tier 2018 album, if you'd like. I invite you to participate in next month's challenge, posted at a lil hoohaa soon. And check out every one else's contributions.

3 comments:

TinaB said...

Looks like fun!
When I was 8, I caught a snapping turtle while fishing and never went again.
Waterfalls are awesome. Great pics!

Getting Fit in MA said...

I love the photos!

My husband & brother-in-law are both Eagle Scouts.

Great job being Scoutmaster! Who leads the troop really determines if it's a fun experience.

Out and About with the GeoKs said...

I have really enjoyed what you've shared about your scout trips over the past several years and even though I have never had anything to do with scouts/guides, I know the program couldn't make the kind of positive difference it does in the lives of so many young people without volunteers like you...so thank you for your contribution. :) Funny coincidence that your most recent trip was to the Boundary Waters. We met a guy when we were at Lake O'Hara early in July and he said that of all the places he's ever traveled, canoeing in the Boundary Waters is the most special place he's ever been. Lucky you, to go twice, with your boys.