Flagrant disregard

cmiked. Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Photo Blogging Challenge (August 2016): Black and White

I just noticed that all of these were taken with my iPhone. I took a bunch of photos this month using several different cameras but here we are with all iPhone shots. This month's challenge was Black and White. I don't have much to add, let's get to the pics.

This was taken at 11:45-ish PM as I remembered I had not taken my photo of the day. I was running through the house trying to find something to shoot and turned on the wrong light and found it.
It's 11:45PM. The house is quiet and dark. Except for this one room and the flicker of the boys' TV. And I almost missed my photo for the day.

My wife collects cats. We now have two black and white ones. Penney, the baby, was found in the JC Penney parking lot. I call her lil' bit because we were just going to keep her for a little bit.
Jem says, "You're done now." #catsofinstagram

This, I originally posted to Instagram but got to playing around with it and liked the textures in B&W.
Bwclouds

We waited all summer trying to find someone to fix our pool. We started putting water in it the day before the boys went back to school. This was prior to that. I just like the textures.
No pool yet


William collects goofy shirts. This is an example.
I'm Catman! #catsofinstagram

There's my five. August was busy and hot. Hopefully September will get me excited again. I'm ready to see what next month's challenge will be. Take a look at the other participants at A 'lil Hoohaa.

9 comments:

Katherine said...

OK now you have made us ALL look bad. ha ha! These are INCREDIBLE! That first shot in particular... wow wow wow. Each and every one of these has something really special about it. And the kitties of course... love!

BeckyB said...

Cats of course are irresistible and I want to steal your staircase. Looks amazing, and such a great shot too.

Tamara said...

The stairs are very cool! The way you desribe the cirumstance under which you took the picture makes me think of a thriller... like the next thing you knew, you found a dead body...
Love your cats, too!

Sean said...

Nice photos. The staircase one could be a awesome haunted picture, I keep thinking there's eyes in the dark. But then again there might be with the numerous cats that your wife "collects".

Getting Fit in MA said...

Great job with your photos.

The stair one is my favorite.

All my photos were taken on a phone too.

Lisa said...

I love it when a shot wanders in front of the camera. Your first photo is beautiful. I love the light/shadow...and the staircase! The name of the kitty made me giggle. Perfect in more ways than one. Great selection and thanks for sharing.

Clare B said...

All your shots are brill, especially the B&W staircase and I love the way your cats have blended into the theme. Cats seem to be stealing the show this month.

P.J. said...

Sometimes, the challenge is all done with the iPhone. I know that feeling. Especially when it's warmer and you don't always want to have to carry heavier things! Good shots for the month. That staircase is cool looking. And the expression on the one cat's face (on the right) is almost that of guilt.

Unknown said...

Mike, please share your secret...how do you get your teen boys to pose for photos? My oldest lad declined to be in any photos for a few years. It made the annual family photo albums a little hard to put together. So please, dish....!

I am late commenting on the August posts, so will echo all the earlier comments about that first photo. It's outstanding - great frame, light and shadow, lines, etc.

Looking forward to your September post.