Flagrant disregard

cmiked. Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Thursday, October 02, 2014

Photo Blogging Challenge (Sept. 2014): Black and White

Where did the time go? It's already October! Spetember's theme was Black and White. I hope you enjoy my selection.

Jem is our black and white kitty. He fetches a ball and also likes to toss it to himself. That is when he is not ripping the paint off the wall or sleeping on my workout clothes.


This guy is the new baby of a coworker. I thought the black and white stripes would go perfect.


We spent an afternoon fishing at the marina. This is my dad's sailboat. I liked the font.
 
fishing_2014_1000771

The family took a day trip down to Austin to see a special exhibit about dogs and cats in art. This was in the Blanton Museum.


I needed one more photo and was running out of time. I intended on converting this to black and white but I liked this as it was. I also liked it without correcting the WB. You can see that on my flickr page. I couldn't decide which I liked better. This one won. I need to play with the nifty 50 more and shallow dof.
 

There you have my five.  My world has been really busy. I hope to have a little more time to devote to next month. Check out the other participants over at a lil hoohaa blog.
 

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I love the tones in the last shot and the perspective. The patten in the museum shot is wonderfully interesting! And who wouldn't love a shot of kitties and babies!? :-)

P.J. said...

Nicely done on the challenge, Mike. The art one is really cool. And I love the DOF in the piano shot.