Flagrant disregard

cmiked. Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Friday, November 29, 2013

Photo Blogging Challenge (November 2013): People

The theme for this month was People. I had originally thought to spread it out a bit but exploring my stream, I decided to stick with the morning I took photos at the Veteran's Day Parade. My kids participate every year through their school so I usually go out and try to capture some of their activity. They were one of the last 'floats' this year so I saw a lot of folks go by before them.

Veterans_Day_Parade_2013_0407
There was a pretty good crowd for a Monday morning parade.

Veterans_Day_Parade_2013_0365
The local Drill Teams were well represented.

Veterans_Day_Parade_2013_0180
Plenty of unique individuals sporting the red, white, and blue.

Veterans_Day_Parade_2013_0689
My sister-in-law co-hosted the local broadcast of the parade for the City Channel.

Veterans_Day_Parade_2013_0705
And finally, the kids made it down to us.

Make sure you check out all the other participants in the Photo Challenge at the a 'lilhoohaa. And make plans to join in next month.

11 comments:

Babs-beetle said...

Where do you live? We would need to march in winter coats her, in the UK. Great, colourful photos!

Jo said...

fabulous shots, they made me feel happy ... i just love a great parade ...

Katherine said...

I absolutely love these candid shots... they are PERFECT. The colors on your photos are really crisp and eye catching. I especially love the news people!

Lisa said...

A parade!!! What a great opportunity to capture people shots! Love the colors and the uplifting attitudes.

Unknown said...

I love the shots of the parade and life happening around you. Especially loved the picture of the old gal in the hat. Great colors!

Paul Myers said...

You captured the small town feel with all of your shots very well. The entire set could just as easily be mistaken for a 4th of July parade.

Tami Von Zalez said...

Singing "I love a parade ..." thank you for sharing Mike!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing your parade with all of us. I haven't been to a parade in years, but all those bright colours and smiles make me want to attend a Santa Claus parade.

We Work For Cheese said...

Nice sunny pics. Parades are always a good way to get people together. We had a pretty good turnout for the Santa Claus parade, even with sub-zero temps.

Mike Davis said...

Thanks for the kind words. Here in Texas, we have already had 3 winters and 2 summers. We usually skip silly things like spring and autumn. It's supposed to be back in the 70's today.

P.J. said...

I like the photos, Mike. The colors are so vibrant! And parades are a great way to find people, that's for sure!