Flagrant disregard

cmiked. Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Photo Blogging Challenge (September 2013): Outdoors

September can be a pretty good month for getting outside in Texas or it can be miserably hot. We had a decent mix this year. I've been trying to bike some more. I've managed to get out quite a bit and do what I can to dodge traffic and get away from the house.

92013_7_of_12

Bike ride #shadow #fmsphotoaday

One of my photo prompts took me out to see some old cemeteries. We grabbed a couple of caches while we were there.

stanford_cemetery_9247

Fall is football season. My Bears are doing well so far. William decided to wear his horsehead mask to the game. There he is down by the 50.

BU_Football_9210071

This past weekend, we finally got the Troop back out for a campout. It was National Public Lands Day and we canoed down the river between the Confederate Union Grounds historical site to Ft. Parker State Park picking up trash along the way. We got rained on and ended up having to cut the weekend short due to severe weather but had a good canoe and picked up a lot of trash.

Troop377_NavasotaCanoe_9280079

There's my month in a nutshell. I'm looking forward to seeing what the others have been up to.

EDIT: I was in such a hurry this afternoon that I forgot to include this picture. I took it with a little point and shoot and I get excited when those turn out well:

september_9080056

11 comments:

Babs-beetle said...

Nice photos! Sometimes a little point and shoot does the job well.

Lisa said...

That last shot is spectacular! I haven't been able to catch a bee in mid-flight. Glad you had a good September, weather-wise. Love the canoe scenery.

nonamedufus said...

That's a great mix of pics. I like the shadow one and the bee/flower one is astounding. Nicely done.

P.J. said...

I really like the bike shadow one. Cool shot. And that last one ... wow. Point and shoot? Awesome!

Rachel said...

The shadow one is great! Every time I try to get a shadow photo it ends up not working out right! And that bee picture- scary! I would never get that close to take a picture of a bee, but you captured it flying so impressively!!

Tami Von Zalez said...

The bee in flight is my favorite!

Ziva said...

Wonderful photos! The last one of the bee and flower is stunning, and I love the one of the shadow and the one of the wind chime, too. Great work. :)

Cheryl said...

As a bee lover, I'm thrilled that you included that last one. Great shot! I really like the composition of the photo taken of the wind chimes in the cemetery. Really nice set.

Unknown said...

Hurray for bees! (And point and shoots.) The bike/shadow is great but I think my favourite is the scouts (and others) on the water. The perspective makes it seem like you're in another canoe just downstream. Must have been a great way to wind up the summer for those scouts.

Paul Myers said...

Wow! What an excellent capture of that bee hovering in flight. Well done.

Katherine said...

Such creative wonderful pictures! I love the bike one!