Flagrant disregard

cmiked. Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Photo Blogging Challenge (April 2013): Transportation

April is almost done already! It's hard to believe. Spring is generally a pretty busy travel time for me. We have a few conferences we usually attend but those numbers are down this year. I'm glad, it gives me more time at home.

April started out with a backpacking trip to Pedernales Falls SP. We are working on the Backpacking merit badge and needed a 15-mile hike. We didn't plan to do 13 of it in one day but that happens sometimes when you are boy-led.


Next, our troop attended a Merit Badge college at the local technical school. It's one of the better ones in that they offer merit badges that are hard to come by like Welding and, in this photo, Auto Maintenance.


Work took me to a conference in Key Biscayne, Florida. We have a business associate who lives on Fisher Island. His company was celebrating 20 years with another business partner and threw a dinner party on a little boat. It was pretty nice.


 I have all sorts of photos of airplanes, it's not often I'm around helicopters. As we were leaving Florida the one in front had just landed and the one in the air was circling to land where we were parked.



April ends similar to how it started. The Troop kicked off the Hiking merit badge with the first of four 10-mile hikes. We call this one our Urban Hike, it's a good loop that is all paved to get the guys used to the walk.


I can't wait to see what adventures next month brings.  You can see the other participants at PJ's blog.

10 comments:

Ziva said...

My goodness, you've done a lot of hiking this month. :) I love your photos, they all tell a story. My favorite is perhaps the first one, or the one of the helicopters.

nonamedufus said...

Great pics. The size of those back packs in the first photo would knock me over.

Unknown said...

Wow! You're racking up the miles with all those hikes. I especially like the photography with the water crossing. It makes me long for spring to finally show up around here!

Tami Von Zalez said...

Mr. VZ is a master mechanic so I'm kinda partial to the pics of ya'll around the auto ~

thriftshopcommando.blogspot.com

P.J. said...

You always amaze me, Mike, with your participation in photo challenges and always coming up with great photos. Love the top hiking photo with the water crossing. And the chopper one, with those clouds. Well done!

MikeWJ at Too Many Mornings said...

The first photo is probably the best photo, but the picture of the "little" boat gets my heart racing. I love the sea, and would love to travel it on a boat like that with my friends.

Cheryl said...

These are great! My favorite is the first shot. I love that caught a helicopter coming in for a landing in your chopper photo.

Lisa said...

I'd love to know how to score an invitation to that party on the little boat!! And, I love the first shot!

Paul Myers said...

I'm curious. Where is Pedernales Falls SP?

Mike Davis said...

Paul, Pedernales Falls is near Johnson City, Texas, west of Austin. President LBJ's home town.