Flagrant disregard

cmiked. Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Tuesday, December 06, 2022

Photo Blogging Challenge (November 2022): Instasnap

 

It's December and time for another installment of the Photo Blogging Challenge. This one was relatively easy in that lately most of my pictures are with my iPhone. I don't rely on the filters as much as I once did since the sensors have gotten so much better but I did play with some and messed about with some Presets I have in Lightroom too.

This was mostly just a saturation boost. The windscreen added the gradient. 
NovBlog_22_7002

Foodstagram is my favorite instagram. The camera always eats first!
NovBlog_22_7124

Oddly shaped pumpkin on the mantel caught my eye.
NovBlog_22_7120

Tulsa is an oil town with a lot of mid-century modern architecture. Many building lend themselves to vintage type treatments.
NovBlog_22_6954

A friend had us over to dinner and this was in her powder room. A bit of a color and shadow boost along with some negative vignetting set the mood.
NovBlog_22_7013

Here's a bonus I took way back in 2012 with an old iPhone before the better sensors. I even had this one printed on canvas and hanging in my office. Back when a good filter saved a relatively crappy image, resolution wise.
January_2012_1898

There's my five+ This was fun to go a little more heavy handed with the editing than I normally do. Check out the others at a lil hoohaa blog and I'll see you next year!

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year!!!

5 comments:

P.J. said...

Ahhh the days when the filter saved a photo! And now ... it's so crazy! Great set of photos. That pumpkin is .. crazy. And you always find the food photos!

Out and About with the GeoKs said...

Gosh, that restaurant bowl makes me tempted to dine at Oriental Phoenix...maybe I'll check for takeout. Rice vermicelli bowls are one of the few things I really miss about dining out, which we've done only once since March 2020. Now you've got me hoping for an early arrival for patio season in Calgary! The pumpkin is really wild - looks like a human brain to me. Nice work with the filters and effects.

Lisa said...

I love the texture of the pumpkin on the mantle. And, the foodstagram pic is great! I like what you did with the filters.
https://peripheralperceptions.wordpress.com/2022/11/30/november-photo-challenge-instasnap/

Tamara said...

Lovely set of pictures, and my favorite one is the bonus photo! Is this in Tulsa?

Mike Davis said...

Yes, Tulsa. The Atlas building is a Marriot now. But they kept a lot of the historical details.