Flagrant disregard

cmiked. Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Saturday, May 02, 2015

Photo Blogging Challenge (April 2015): Friends and Family

Sometimes the easier prompts are harder because you have so many from which to choose. Such is the case for April's theme, Family and Friends. Easter fell in there so we had some family time. And really our friends are like family so let's just stick with that! Without any further ado, please enjoy my April offering.

As is our tradition, going on about 14 years now, Bluebonnets being the State Flower of Texas, families all across the state drag their children to a field, stop on the side of a busy highway, or find a secret spot on some Farm to Market Road less traveled, and make their family squat in the itchy grass and try to look like they are having a good time. For bonus fun, take a look at my Collection of Bluebonnets past.Bluebonnets_2015_

Easter was early this year, but that didn't stop the cousins from taking a chilly dip in my dad's pool after lunch.Easter_2015_8512

***BONUS SHOT *** - Easter is also quite close to, Lili, my niece's birthday. Happy Birthday, pretty lady. My dad's house has the best natural lighting of any house I shoot in.
Easter_2015_8471 

We have a new family member. Meet Rosie (Mary Rose). We found her at the local shelter, they think she is a Shepard mix. I think she is going to be huge. I know she is 100% adorable!
Rosie_2015_8584 

My scout family got together to help one of their brothers put together his Eagle project. The work hard and play hard!
NateR_Eagle_Proj_2015_8703 

And finally, our school family took a trip south and visited the Alamo. Will's 7th grade class and a few parents toured the Alamo, but still couldn't find Peewee's bike.
WCS_Alamo_8765

Another month in the bag. I could have shared so many more. You can always see what I'm up to over at Flickr. I pretty much share it all. Take a look at the other folks over at a lil hoohaa. Join in for May, the theme is already up. Until next month...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Mike, I clicked through to your Bluebonnet albums on flickr. It's so great that you have this collection that shows how quickly our kids grow up. Makes me wonder whether either of your sons will start a similar project with their own families (I know, that's years down the road yet!).

As I looked through the rest of your April photos it struck me how consistently certain aspects of your life come through in these posts: scouts, love of outdoors, all things related to education, family and usually Baylor football. Another great set this month. Thanks for posting!

Clare B said...

I love your photos. I especially liked the first two. But, it is the dog who has captured my heart. https://claresphotospace.wordpress.com

Unknown said...

Really great photos! You captured so many memories at just the right time. Even the group photo of the boys, though maybe not the time when they were all "ready", still says a lot about the personality of the group!

Looking forward to your next month's set! :D

Lisa said...

What a fabulous idea with the Bluebonnet shots. i did look at your shots from the past and loved the progression. Miss Rosie is certainly 100% adorable and will most definitely become an indispensable part of the family!

Paul Myers said...

Great set of photos for this month. Well done.