Flagrant disregard

cmiked. Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Monday, December 07, 2020

Photo Blogging Challenge (November 2020) – Thankful

I'm not sure how this year can be both moving at a snails pace as well as blowing on through to December already. Thanksgiving was a bit different this year, as I mentioned in the Food Blogging post, my wife tested positive for both COVID-19 and Flu B a few days before the holiday. So we spent it apart from family and even each other as I isolated myself to the guest room. Yet we still have plenty for which to be thankful.

We've had some gorgeous skies the last couple of months, the sun sets out our living room window so it can really catch your attention.
November_7733

My dad had another heart scare early this month, what kept in in the hospital for 38 days eight years ago only took 36 hours this time. Modern medicine is amazing. They were able to replace his aortic valve again without having to crack open his chest. And here he is just a handful of days later like nothing had ever happened and stronger than ever. 
Pearl_5230

Sunrises like to show off a little bit too, sometimes.
Pearl2020_5319

I'm thankful that despite all the added hardships, these two gentleman, who have been friends since kindergarten, were awarded their Eagle badges in a joint ceremony and that we were able to find a place that was willing to work with our social distancing requirements to honor and celebrate them. 
November2020_5371

Finally, but not really as I have much more to be thankful over, I am thankful for two wonderful yoga instructors who have shown me the ways of both the yin and the yang. The slow long stretches of yin yoga have really helped with joint issues and balance as I age, the vinyasa flows working on the yang side have helped build strength and stability.
November2020_7


I'm also very thankful of PJ for continuing to host this challenge and for all of you who participate as well. I always enjoy seeing what the world looks like from your eyes!

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Your first photo looks almost exactly like my east view at sunrise! Lovely. Believe it or not, my FIL is going in for an aortic valve replacement next week. The way they do the procedure now is amazing. It warms my heart to see life going on semi-normally so congrats to the young men on their Eagle badge accomplishment. I really need to find a good yoga studio for all those reasons. Thanks for sharing!

Getting Fit in MA said...

Wow. I'm sorry to hear about COVID-19 and flu!