Flagrant disregard

cmiked. Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Tuesday, January 05, 2021

Photo Blogging Challenge (December 2020): The Magic Of The Season

The end of 2020 kind of caught me by surprise. As slow as the middle was going, December was here and gone. I tried to capture a good mix of the magic of the season for this month's challenge. Like much of the year, our Christmas looked different this year.

I have found myself waking up earlier these day. I also have spent much more time at our family's place out in the country. A good place to social distance, unplug, and decompress. I've been treated to some beautiful colors.
December2020_7856

Our group that promotes Downtown Waco still held their annual Cocoa Crawl. It was well attended again and they only allowed six people at a time in the shops but I fell it moved well and we were kept quite safe.
December2020_10_of_12

Our decorations went up a little earlier this year. Why not?
December2020_5704

These folks won a nationally televised contest a few years ago. Something like The Great Christmas Light Challenge. It's a ways out in the country but the cars were lined up for miles. Luckily, I know a short cut. 
December2020_5839

I figured I'd best include an obligatory family Christmas mask shot. We usually have a big gathering at our house but we decided not to gather this year. We had a nice dinner at my in-laws and spent the rest of the day at home. 
December2020_7893

Another year gone. Happy new year to you all. I hope 2021 is a better year for us all. 

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Your country home looks like an awesome place to decompress. I love the colors of the sunset. A Cocoa Crawl?! What a fabulous idea!! Our Christmas decorations went up early as well. We all needed the comfort of the Christmas spirit a little more this year, right? Great selection of the magic of the season.

Tamara said...

Gorgeous sunrise!
I googled the Downtown Waco'a Cocoa Crawl - what a nice tradition!
Glad you guys were making the best of it, the ladies even wore matching holiday masks.

Happy new year!

Out and About with the GeoKs said...

We've also made a lot more use of our getaway place over the past year. Thanks to our youngest attending university remotely from our city place, we have a built in snow removal service when we're away! :) It's been a blessing and privilege to regularly experience a change of scene and to be able to have a little space. We also chose to comply with the "no indoor or outdoor social gatherings" health guidance and opted for Zoom this year. Here's hoping that we can all safely gather with loved ones for traditional Christmas dinner in 2021.