Flagrant disregard

cmiked. Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Wednesday, December 02, 2020

Food Photo Challenge (November 2020): Plate it


I may take too many food photos. When I eat somewhere new or something new, I like to document what I've eaten. More for myself than anyone else. There have been times when I remembered a particular dish but not the details. It's nice to be able to find that info when I want it.

This is not one of those photos. Thanksgiving was quite different this year as on Wednesday, my wife tested positive for both COVID and Flu B. She was feeling bad so had already isolated a few days earlier. I'm still clear and she's doing much better. But, she was cooking most of the meal and having her parents over (they are in our pod as they live nearby and Amy sees them just about every day). So we took what food we had to her mom and her mom ended up cooking for us and preparing a take out for us to enjoy. The boys and I had a quiet meal in the dining room while Amy enjoyed Turkey in bed. Since my dad was also unable to visit, I couldn't go a Thanksgiving without my grandmother's cornbread dressing so I made my own for the first time. That's it in the middle of plate and why I have two different dressings. It turned out pretty good so I think I'll be able to carry on that tradition.

November2020_5449

 

No comments: