Flagrant disregard

cmiked. Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Tuesday, September 06, 2022

Photo Blogging Challenge (August 2022): Pooch

I thought this would be a nice and easy one but I think easy ended up being a little lazy. I need to break out my big camera more often and stop relying so much on quick snaps with the phone. Maybe next month! :) 

Here's what I got. Starting off without Rosie at all...

Here's Will with my sisters crew: Biscuit, Fletcher, and Luna. I love the Luna side eye.
  August_2022_6806

Rosie in her natural habitat. She lets me sit here sometimes.
August_2022_5113

Rosie hates the thunder. We have to open the pantry for her to hide in when the storms come.
August_2022_5335

She had a friend, Tyson, follow her home from a walk the other day. Tyson had escaped both his collar and his yard but Facebook to the rescue found his family quickly. They had a good time together though.
August_2022_5407

This is Rosie showing her displeasure that I have blocked her kitchen spot while loading the dishwasher.
August_2022_2

There are my five. I've seen a couple of the others already and like what I see. I'm looking forward to checking out the others at a 'lil hoohaa post. And hope to participate in more in the future.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

My, how convenient to "hide" in the pantry during storms!! Smart pooch! We have a neighborhood site where lost fur babies are posted. I've corralled my share of pooches in Cabo's outdoor kennel while tracking down the owners. Great selection of pooches. Thanks for stopping by my place and leaving a comment.

Tamara said...

How dare you blocking Rosie's kitchen spot ;-))) I mean she is nice enough to let you sit on her couch?!
Good thing the runaway dog could be reunitted with his family!

P.J. said...

I know the feeling of the big camera vs. the phone. Earlier this year, I bought a Canon M6 Mark II -- mirrorless. It's like a point and shoot, but packs a punch. And the lenses are nice (and I can use my old ones). I finally got to learn it and I love it. Also good for video. Hoping it will allow me to do more with the camera and not always the phone as well!

I like your group of shots, too. Harper hasn't shown to be scared of thunder as she usually just chills out. But, who knows over time?

Out and About with the GeoKs said...

Those white paws...very distinguished! Really interesting to see the photos of more than one dog in the frame. Rosie seems very friendly and non-territorial. As for Luna's side-eye, it's like she(?) has been trained to look at the camera!

I hear you about the phone camera vs. the "real" camera...even on yesterday's hike I came back with more photos on my phone than on my big camera. To be fair, I stowed my big camera in my pack once we reached the chain/ledges and didn't take it out again until we were at the summit. But sometimes I wonder if I should stow my phone in the bottom of my pack so that I'm forced to use my OM1 for the entire adventure!