Flagrant disregard

cmiked. Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Monday, March 08, 2021

PHOTO BLOGGING CHALLENGE (FEBRUARY 2021): I SPY WITH MY EYE

February was a crazy month for Texas. In three days time we went from -6F to 70F. Many folks lost power and water for several days. We were fortunate that we did not and were able to provide for our less fortunate family members. 

This months theme was "I Spy With My Eye". I've made mine an all animal edition. Let's get started.

I spied this little squirrel trying to hide behind the tree
  February2021_8017

Rosie had never seen so much snow before. She would run until her feet hurt from the cold. Even then we'd have to make her come in.
FebruarySnow2021_8141

This little guy was small but quick!
FebruarySnow2021_8192

I took advantage of a neighbors bird feeder to scope out some visitors.
FebruarySnow2021_8298

These friends were waiting for me when I got home from work one day.
February2021_8340

That's five. I had so many to choose from this month. You can take a look at my month at my flickr site. View the rest of this month's submissions at a lil hoohaa. See you next month.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

That is a beautiful cardinal. We didn't have many this winter. I'd glad you weathered the Texas polar vortex and were able to help others. And I'd never met a dog that didn't like to romp in the snow! Thanks for sharing your eye spying.

Tamara said...

I'm blown away by your fabulous animal pictures!
I take it Rosie is "just" your dog? She looks like a predator though, a cougar or something. Very dynamic!

Paul Myers said...

Squirrels really are interesting creatures. It's like they have a sixth sense as to which way you're going to approach them on a tree so they can continue using the truck as a shield between you and them.

Out and About with the GeoKs said...

Wow! Thanks for a photo edition of Animal Kingdom. The scarlet cardinal is remarkable. We had an unexpected wildlife walk earlier this week that included a first for us - a short-tailed weasel (aka stoat or ermine). It was being hassled by about a dozen magpies - no doubt defending their nesting territory from a ferocious predator that loves birds' eggs.

P.J. said...

Great set of images. You are always out snapping, so I figured this theme would have been perfect! And good you got through the Texas wonder winter! As a person who deals with snow a lot... I can say I haven't met many dogs who don't like it!