Flagrant disregard

cmiked. Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Friday, February 05, 2021

January Photo Challenge: Change and Hope

A change in the calendar is expected to bring change or at least the hope of change. There is plenty than I am hopeful that will change. Let's see what I have in the old camera bag.

A dawn of a new day at the start of a new year. What could be better? January2021_5941

How's this for change? Snow in Waco. Real, actual snow, not that slushy stuff we get on occasion.
January2021_7961

Can't think of a better day to take a dip in the lake! I love my adventurous friends.
January2021_6033

We had a pretty bad fire out at the family ranch. Fortunately, it didn't damage any structures and will allow for a beautiful spring, I hope!
January2021_6089

A change in power in the US and our first female Vice President. What a day!
January2021_6125

January was a decent month. We're seeing hospitalizations coming down here. Folks are slowly getting vaccinated. I'm on the waiting list. Soon I hope.

Check out the other participants over at a lil hoohaa, join us next month!

5 comments:

Getting Fit in MA said...

Oh my goodness hoping you get vaccinated soon.

I'm way down the priority list in MA but my 90 year old grandmother got her first dose today.

Beautiful photos! Sending hope from MA

Paul Myers said...

I, too am also farther down on the list, just waiting for the call to get the vaccine. So tired of all this.

Love your shots, especially the sunrise on the new year.

Lisa said...

Your first shot is stunning. I love the color. Snow in Waco?!?!? Wow! That is definitely a change and I hope it goes away soon. 🙂 Glad there was no damage to any buildings on the ranch. Although fires are devastating, the new growth that sometimes occurs afterwards is a sign of hope.
https://peripheralperceptions.wordpress.com/2021/02/01/january-photo-challenge-hope-and-change/

Out and About with the GeoKs said...

Snow in Waco? Love how you decided it was a perfect reason for a dip in the lake and that you have a couple buddies who agreed with you! Love the start of the year sunrise photo...I need to get out earlier to get some of those.

P.J. said...

You always have some of the best shots. Love the feel of this post. The snow in Waco is crazy. funny thing about catching up on these a few months later ... you get to look back in a time capsule ... which is way easier with everything going on!