Flagrant disregard

cmiked. Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Photo Blogging Challenge (March 2020): Seven

Wow, this month has ended quite a bit different than we started! The theme for this month is Seven. Let's go on and get started.

Baylor University is celebrating 175 years, it was chartered before Texas was a state. This is Judge Baylor. He has a pink nose thanks to the Noze Brothers paying a visit.
MarchIMG_1434

After the social distancing guidelines came about, we have tried to find some out of the way parks to walk the dogs. This one has a disc golf course. It was advertised as 9 holes, but it appears they are up to 18, sharing baskets. How fortunate that hole 7 is shared with hole 1(+)6.
March2020_1866

How's about seven cows standing in a field?
March2020_1870

We have a Jeep CJ7 that needs some work. John loves it but it just got to be too unreliable once he moved off campus. It's waiting for summer for school to let out so John can get back to troubleshooting.
March2020_1896

I finished up the month with a 8K trail run/hike that was turned into a virtual. I had the course directions so went out and hiked it alone Sunday morning. I made a wrong turn or two and that added to my mileage. And then I dropped signal on the GPSr just shy of seven miles, that drives me crazy! But it still has a seven in it.
March2020_6

That's five. Let's see what the April challenge brings. Thanks for visiting.

5 comments:

Tamara said...

6.97 miles is a pretty darn great achievement - congratulations, Mike!
Way to tackle the challenge under aggravated circumstances. (I'm a little afraid thinking ahead to the April challenge...)

Dawn said...

I'd count it as 7 miles but being a bit OCD at times, I would have HAD to make it 7. March definitely has been a year to remember. LOL
Dawn aka Spatulas On Parade

Lisa said...

These challenges may become more challenging in the coming months. Your selections for Seven were very resourceful. Thanks for sharing. :-)

P.J. said...

It definitely has been a different month that's for sure. That Jeep is nice looking. And good on the hike. I've seen more and more people walking and such, but that's part of the deal when being home so much I imagine. Good set of photos!

Oh and what's the "Noze" thing? Is that like people who turn noses of statues pink for some reason?

Out and About with the GeoKs said...

Yes, things definitely changed from the start to the end of March. We're finding that to maintain proper distancing on trails and pathways, we have to head out by 7 am and be back within a couple of hours, or it's just too crowded - and that's with lots of snow and ice still on the ground!

I'm with PJ, not sure what the NOZE thing is all about...a Baylor thing? an American thing? The only times I get a pink nose is when I forget to put on my sunblock or I have a cold and have been blowing my nose a lot!!

Good for you for getting that run in - and a virtual to boot! We have to seize the opportunities for fun and enjoyment wherever we can these days - all while following local guidelines, of course. Stay safe, and keep on caching, running and photographing!