Flagrant disregard

cmiked. Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Wednesday, December 04, 2019

Photo Blogging Challenge: Whatcha Eatin

Ahhh, food pics. Love em or hate em, you choose. I take quite a few of them as I like a little help remembering a particularly tasty one. So I had plenty of options this month.

When we are out at the cabin, we like to cook our steaks right on the fire. My dad will toss them right on the coals but I'm not quite that brave so I use a little piece of steel as a griddle. This was fajita night!
November2019_9260

We had a few days of windy, cold, and wet weather. This Soon Tofu soup really hit the spot.
November_9402

We have a new spot open in town, Union Hall. It's the new big thing we've seen around, basically a food court. koKo Ramen was once a food truck but now have a spot in Union Hall. Another good warm-me-up.
November_9520


Next up is one of my all time favorites. My buddy, Youngdae, has a truck called Club Sandwich, but don't let the name fool you, he has no sandwiches. A few years ago, he was able to move onto the Magnolia Silos property, if you aren't familiar with Magnolia, Fixer Upper, or the Gainses, it's basically a license to print money. His specialty is the Trashcan Rice Bowl. It's your choice of proteins and sauce with veggies and rice and is about the only thing that gets me near the Silos. He will post on his social media accounts when its SFL, Safe For Locals, to visit.November_9507

I've got a ton of Turkey Day food photos but I'll settle on this one. The prize for finishing the Thanksgiving Day Turkey Trot 5K was this delicious cinnamon roll. Worth it!
TG2019_9634


Bonus: I guess they tried their best!
  November_9490

So there you go. It's December already so I better start snapping some pics. Enjoy the rest of the folks posted up at a lil hoohaa and join us next month.

4 comments:

Out and About with the GeoKs said...

Yes, I've heard of Fixer Upper, Magnolia and the Gainses. We watched Fixer Upper for several seasons, until Chip and Joanna shifted their focus to Magnolia...then it was time to find another show! I can only imagine how crazy busy that whole area must be, so good on the owner who lets you know when it's SFL. Looks like his "sauses" are pretty good, too. ;) Steak grilled over an open fire for fajitas would just take things to another level. Nice!

Lisa said...

Your last shot made me giggle! Steaks for fajitas on an outdoor fire?! YUM! And I love that it's now soup season. There are soooo many options from which to choose. I do like the show Fixer Upper and would like to believe Chip and Joanna are as genuine as they seem on television.
https://peripheralperceptions.wordpress.com/2019/12/02/november-photo-challenge-whatcha-eatin/

Tamara said...

These are some quality food pics, well done! Love the BBQ one, I was gonna say it's my favorite, but then cinnamon rolls happened...

P.J. said...

That steak looks divine. And unfortunately, when we went to Magnolia during the Texas baseball trip, only one of the trucks was open (earlier morning), so didn't get to see all of the trucks going at it. Seems like it would be a good place to eat though! Great shots and now I'm hungry!