Flagrant disregard

cmiked. Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Tuesday, October 01, 2019

Photo Blogging Challenge (September 2019): Nature

It's October already but it's still hot in Texas. Another week in the 90F's. I still got out some, even in the heat, as I've been training for my visit to the Grand Canyon that begins Oct 2.

This month's theme was Nature. Let's see what I have.

Our little pond is just about dry but still a better place than the hot pavement for this little guy.
September2019_7866

Some more pond visitors trying to find some water in the heat.
September2019_4508

Our company picnic took place at the Tulsa Zoo. There were a few animals hanging out that disn't seem to mind the unseasonable weather.
September2019_8057

I took a quick trip to Las Vegas for a conference. Did a little recon on the flight over. I'll be close to here tomorrow.
Vegas2019_8540

Almost stepped on this little guy. He seemed thankful I didn't.
September2019_8576


There's my five. I'm looking forward to cooler weather around the corner. Take a look at a 'lil hoohaa to see more photos from this challenge. Visit my flickr page for all my adventures.

5 comments:

Amaryllis Turman said...

Cute turtle! I hope he got some cool relief :)

P.J. said...

Excellent set of photos for this one, Mike! And have an amazing trip!

Debbie D. said...

I hope the animals got some relief from the heat. Beautiful aerial shot! Enjoy your trip.

Lisa said...

Love the *bookend* deer shot. We routinely see them in our yard too. That's a great shot of the mantis. Glad you didn't step on him/her. We took a trip to Vegas this past June. The scenery out the window of the plane was very interesting. It's been in the 90s here in middle Missouri most of September. Supposedly, Autumn is coming Thursday with temps in the 60s. What a difference!!
https://peripheralperceptions.wordpress.com/2019/09/30/photo-challenge-nature/

Out and About with the GeoKs said...

Our hot-for-Alberta temperatures came to an abrupt end when we had more than a foot of snow fall over the last weekend in September! Fortunately, it's melting quickly and we may yet have a chance to enjoy fall. Temperatures in the 90s seem a bit daunting for late September, though. Do the deer eat a lot of stuff in your yard? I've taken to planting defensively, in terms of perennials, annuals and vegetables. Yet they still wreak havoc!

Looking forward to some amazing photos from your Grand Canyon adventure. Stay safe!