Flagrant disregard

cmiked. Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Sunday, May 07, 2023

Photo Blogging Challenge (April 2023): You Do You

April was a month of music, art, and fun. I had a hard time just choosing five but did my best. Here's my five of You Do You, with a few bonus pics.

An old high school friend of mine has over 50,000 hours of musicians recorded on video. His Texas Music Cafe was once a show on PBS and is now a YouTube channel that probably only has 1% of his recordings. He's still at it and I was there for his latest.April_2023_8840

I have to throw one in of the dogs. Charlie loves her Rosie very much, Rosie sometimes needs her space. 

April_2023_8923

I made a squirrel friend. This is Gwendola. Every day, she greets my friend as he comes home from work. Today, she let me feed her.

April_2023_8937

Back to the music, my boys (who are now men) and I returned to the Old Settler's Music Festival for the first time since the world changed. The festival got a little smaller but is still full of great music. I found a lot of new people to follow. This is Big Richard, they describe themselves as a Bluegrass Bachelorette Party.

OSMF_April_2023_1000994

April ended up in Los Angeles. We got invited (to buy tickets) to Willie Nelson's 90th Birthday party. It was star studded and great to see the Red-headed Stranger once again. 

Willie90_-13

That's my five. I took a bunch more in LA, we did so much in a short time. If you have the desire to check out Hollywood and some art museums, visit my Flickr album. Here's a little bonus taste!

UntitledJurassic World, The Ride

Hollywood23_9320TCL Chinese Theater

Hollywood23_6280 Those of a certain age will remember the show Emergency! Imagine my thrill of seeing Ladder 51 in the wild.

Willie2023_9564 And another for those of that age, the Brady Bunch house.

3 comments:

Tamara said...

Gwendola, Charlie and Rosie sure have a nice life at our house.
Doesn't Willie Nelson actually have a song called "on the road again"? He's taking his pieces very literally!
Good for you to be out and about :-)

https://thethreegerbers.blogspot.com/2023/04/you-do-you.html

P.J. said...

Good set of photos as always! Love the doggos.

And Big Richard .... hahahaha.

The couple times I've been to Texas, there was good music, that's for sure. I'd love to go back to Austin again one day... so much good music there.

Lisa said...

Your music pics look like so much fun! I LOL'd at the puppers! If you like squirrels that much, I have about 20 I'd like to ship to you from my backyard!! Great take on April's theme.X
https://peripheralperceptions.wordpress.com/2023/05/02/april-photo-challenge-you-do-you/