Flagrant disregard

cmiked. Get yours at flagrantdisregard.com/flickr

Monday, May 04, 2020

Photo Blogging Challenge: April 2020 – Your (My) World

An April like no other April. This them was difficult as I had so many to choose from, if you don't want to choose, you can go check out my April. But here are the five-ish I pulled out.

Staying at home brought back new old activities. We haven't worked a jigsaw puzzle in years.Puzzle time.

Nature keeps on like nothing is going on. Birds, squirrels, even snakes, have been particularly active.April2020_6350

Family Easter Dinner was unlike any we have experienced before. But it was great to see and hear from our family even if we are apart.April2020_2378


My baby sister, turned 50 this month. We had big plans for celebration but those were all cancelled. Instead, we had a socially distant tailgate party for her with cupcakes, Taco Bueno, and at least six feet of separation.JenIs50_2451
She can still do a cartwheel without breaking anything. Click through the video.
IMG_2448

I rented a 24 yard rolloff dumpster and cleaned out our family garage/storage. 40+ years of old paint and garbage accumulated and is now gone. Room for new stuff!
April2020_2579

I had to sneak in a sixth; I made it smaller. It wouldn't be spring without our family bluebonnet photo!
Bleubonnets2020_6324

So there you go. April at home.Head over and check out the others at a lil hoohaa. And maybe join in next month.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Love the family dinner via the internet. It definitely has been a different year and season. Great that things are getting done that we none have time for but I'm so ready for things to return to a "better" normal.
Dawn aka Spatulas On Parade
https://spatulasonparade.blogspot.com/2020/04/my-world-photo-challenge-april.html

Out and About with the GeoKs said...

Yep, new old activities and cleaning projects...these seem to be widespread responses to COVID-19. While I've resurrected some activities (most notably sewing), I have yet to find time to tackle a long overdue cleaning project (although Mr GeoK did clean out a bunch of old files, so maybe that counts!).

How lovely to have a physically-distant, tailgate party for your "baby" sister. For my dad's 79th birthday, we had to go with a Zoom family meet-up, as my siblings and I all moved to Alberta 30+ years ago while my parents still reside in BC. A highlight was dad playing a short song on his saxophone - he's still got chops!!

Glad you squeezed in the annual bluebonnet family portrait. Touchstones like that help keep us grounded and sane. :)

P.J. said...

OK, I'm finally catching up on some comments and visiting. Will take some time, but it's coming!

Love this set of photos. It's interesting to go back and see these challenges now, and know what we've all been through. As for that garage photo... I see that arcade game! Too cool!